We are looking for a qualified counsellor to join our growing team, working with us 4 days per week. We want someone who has experience of working with vulnerable and traumatised adults, children and young people. Our charity currently provides counselling and therapeutic services to children, young people and their families in Blacon and Lache and the role would be based in these locations.
To apply for the role please email email@example.com with a copy of your CV. In the event of us wanting to take your application forward, we will email you a more detailed application form to complete.
Successful applicants will have:
- A minimum of level 6 qualification in counselling.
- Additional creative qualification such as art or play therapy preferred.
- Accredited, or eligible for accreditation, by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience of providing counselling therapy to adults, children and young people.
- Experience in following safeguarding and child protection procedures.
- Good organisation skills- able to maintain up to date, accurate records and assessments utilising IT systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of current issues affecting parents and children/ young people living in areas of deprivation.
- Ability to develop positive relationships with clients, engage with and support them in their personal development.
- Ability to plan, organise and evaluate their own work and fulfil evaluation and monitoring reports to show impact and generate client case studies.
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive rate of pay (£28,000 per year FTE)
- Travel expenses covered for any travel between the community locations we work in.
- Flexible opportunities- e.g. term time working.
- Induction to working with Platform for Life
- Ongoing CPD training on a variety of topics.
- Supervision of caseload by Platform for Life’s Clinical Director.
- Contribution to external monthly clinical supervision costs.
- A commitment to provide equal opportunities for everyone.
Part-time hours: 28 per week
Application deadline: 29th October 2021
Salary: £28,000 FTE per year
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks and an enhanced CRB will be required.