Are you an experienced charity fundraiser looking to take the next step in your career and gain valuable senior leadership and operations management?
We’re looking for an energetic and committed person to join our growing Chester mental health charity as Deputy CEO and Income Generation Manager. You’ll take on specific operational responsibilities as Deputy CEO and work closely with the CEO to develop and implement a fundraising strategy to increase our income from corporates, trusts and foundations and individual donors, in line with the charity’s growth aspirations. You’ll also help the charity raise its profile with key target audiences.
The role is available on a full (5 days) or part time basis (4 days per week). Full time salary will be £32,000 – £35000 per year, dependent on experience, with 38 days paid holiday (including bank holidays). Part time (4 days per week) salary will be £25,600-£28,000 with 30 days paid holiday (including bank holidays.) We offer flexible working opportunities, including the option of some home working.
Your role will be to:-
- Work closely with the CEO to ensure the effective running and strategic development of the charity, deputising for them as required.
- Strengthen and diversify the charity’s income sources, support and build relationships with potential funders and develop the charity’s digital fundraising platforms to reach and engage with supporters.
- Help deliver a joined-up communications plan to raise the charity’s profile with key target audiences locally.
As a successful applicant you will be:
- Self-starter with the drive, ability and willingness to take on new challenges.
- Quick learner who can work effectively across a wide range of operational areas.
- Good team working skills with the confidence to lead and motivate others, solve problems and make sound decisions.
- Have a sound understanding of best practices in fundraising and comfortable operating to agreed fundraising targets.
- An effective multi-tasker, able to work at pace and across multiple activities/opportunities at any one time.
- Able to confidently work as part of a team or individually as required.
- Demonstrate good organisational and project management skills, able to work effectively under pressure, meet deadlines and successfully deliver projects.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written, with an ability to build effective relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders including funders, local businesses, statutory agencies, staff team and Board members.
- Able to develop and successfully execute charity fundraising campaigns, with appropriate measures in place to assess their effectiveness and impact.
- Demonstrate good financial and commercial acumen.
- Possess strong IT skills and be experienced using Microsoft packages and online databases. Experience using website content management systems an advantage.
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive rate of pay; between £32,000 and £35000 per year full time equivalent.
- 38 days paid holiday per year (including Bank holidays) per year full time equivalent.
- Enrolment in charity pension scheme.
- Flexible working opportunities such as part time (4 days per week), term time working and some working from home.
- Comprehensive induction to working with Platform for Life.
- A commitment to provide equal opportunities for everyone.
- Opportunity to gain valuable leadership and operations management experience.
Platform for Life is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks and DBS are required for this role.
About Platform for Life
Established in 2017, we’re a small but growing charity offering free counselling, play and art therapy to children, young people and adults, who are experiencing mental health issues and living in the most deprived areas of Chester. Our service is designed to be accessible and flexible and we are based in the heart of the communities we serve and are trusted by the people we work with.
Visit www.platformforlife.org.uk to find out more about our charity and the difference we’re trying to make in the communities where we work.
Want to find out more about the role before you apply? Please contact our CEO Ceri George on 07733 022634 or [email protected]
Completed application forms should be emailed to [email protected]
Closing date for applications 29th September 2023